Thursday, 15 August 2013

Gaudi

T-shirt and Shorts: Zara, Shoes and Backpack: Primark, Sunglasses: Rayban 

Nothing says 'European Summer' like a navy and white nautical striped t-shirt! Paired with a pair of distressed denim shorts and boom....tourist outfit complete! I usually have the rule that if you are going to show more leg, then your chest needs to be covered, and if you show a bit of boob then cover your legs. But when you're riding a bike around Barcelona in 40 degree heat, you're lucky that I am clothed at all! 
This faux leather nude colored back pack has been and absolute life saver. My sister and I like to document our travels excessively so we always want to have a hands free to use the video camera, SLR camera, iphone and yes, sadly my sister also takes pictures on her ipad haha. 

We decided to rent bikes in Barcelona from Budget bikes! We couldn't walk after 2 full days riding around the beautiful city. 
We rode to the Casa Mila (the first pictures)- one of Gaudis masterpeices in the centre of town. It is a high rise apartment building with an amazing rooftop, with funky and creative architecture. It was like a crazy maze... going up and down the stairs and through the tunnels. 
We then rode to one of Barcelona's iconic hot spots, Gaudi's Park de Guell. It was packed with tourists, and a very steep climb (especially with bikes). The mosaics and the design of the park was like no other place in Europe. It is also free to enter! 
At the top of the park there was a bar which was calling my name...I ordered a litre of sangria and the bartender asked, how many glasses? I responded 2 please...My sister then says 'I don't like sangria'...I said I know, but it is embarrassing having one glass and a massive jug to yourself. haha

Keep checking in on our Eurotrip adventures :) 

Summer xox