Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Athens




Top: Forever New, Leather Skort: Zara, Sunglasses: Ray Ban, Camera Case: Primark

To be brutally honest, Athens is not what I was expecting at all. Besides from the Acropolis there isn't a whole lot to see or do in Athens. It may be because of the economic crisis, but the city in general looks worse for wear and not very well kept. The buildings are old but not in a pretty ancient way...more like a run down kind of way. For a capital city and with so much history I thought it would be more modern or with more historical and ancient ruins to see. 
We enjoyed our short stay there, but I don't recommend staying more than 2 nights. We stayed at a beautiful hotel in the centre of town in the penthouse suite. It was called Diamond Hotel, and it had a great jacuzzi on the top floor with views overlooking the Acropolis. I also recommend taking the Happy Train (you know the little kid trains) around the city, because it is so cheap and it goes through all the little streets cars can't go down. 
As for my outfit, maybe black on black wasn't the smartest decision as it was over 30 degrees! But whenever I wear all black, I usually brighten it up with a red lipstick. This one is from the Kate Moss collection by Rimmel.  

- Summer xox