Thursday, 14 August 2014

City Wall of Dubrovnik

Top: H&M, Shorts: Bershka, Bikini top: Triangl Swimwear, Sunglasses: RayBan, Shoes: Ebay, Watch: Michael Kors

I know there is a lot of pictures on this blog post, but I just couldn't help it because they came out so vibrant. This was my third time climbing the old wall of Dubrovnik in the past 4 years! I was excited for my parents to do it, because my sister and I enjoyed it so much the summer before. As it was such a hot day, we decided to walk the wall late in the afternoon to avoid the crowds and the heat. 
We were fortunate to stay inside the old city walls of Dubrovnik in a small 3 story flat dating back to the 1300s. Carrying our massive bags up and down the steps was a workout but worth the effort! I love the small city vibe of Dubrovnik despite being over run with tourists, there is still a local feel about the town. Everyone from the gelato guys, the taxi drivers, to the bar staff are all so friendly and they loved my 'attempt' to speak Croatian! 

Recommendations for Dubrovnik

Attractions: Walk the old city wall and the cable car
Nightclub: Revelin
Hotel: anywhere within the old city wall! 
Bar: Buza Bar (the one in the picture where you can jump off the cliffs into the sea) 
Dress: very casual....denim shorts, flip flops and a light shirt. 
Beach: Copacobana 

-Summer xox