Monday, 13 July 2015

#LA Wedding


 Doing the cupid shuffle!









Who doesn’t love weddings? It’s an excuse to wear formal dresses you never get to usually wear. A time to catch up with your family and friends you don’t normally see. The opportunity to wear over the top makeup you never normally do (and then cry it off during the ceremony). And then of course there is the open bar and the dance floor which has my name written all over it! 

Our extended family travelled from Australia to LA for my cousin’s wedding in Redondo Beach, California. I missed a couple of family weddings while living overseas so I was happy that I got to witness my eldest cousin marry the girl of his dreams....super corny but so true. Christian and Liz’s wedding was amazing, the ceremony was exactly what a wedding should be. Full of laughter, tears and a room full of people that were so genuinely happy for their happiness. The bride looked beautiful (as you can see from the photos) and she glowed. Her dress was stunning, it was elegant and timeless. Welcome to the family Liz, congratulations to the beautiful couple and thank you for an unforgettable night.The photo booth was such a hit I must say. It is an instant souvenir guest get to take away from the night, although my sister can’t recall half of the photos haha.

My sisters and I had so much fun dancing the night away and they both looked beautiful (very LA, right?!) Both of their dresses were from Seduce and mine (borrowed from my sister Charlie) was from Forever New.

Sorry it has been so long since my last post! A lot has happened in the past few months... I now live in Sydney! But over the next  few weeks I will be posting my travel photos from Mexico and Cuba so keep checking in!

Also I post daily fashion pics and random things to my Facebook page HERE, so make sure you ‘like’ it! Or follow my instagram page ‘here’ (summerirvin) to stay updated in the random world of Summer Lookbook!

- Summer xox